Here is a sample chart below:
* First, start measuring out the pet’s recommended amount of food with a measuring cup and place in baggies for daily feedings.
* Change your pet’s food to the lite or weight control version of their current diet.
* Limit treats and eliminate “people” food. These “extras” provide the hidden calories that add on the
* For dogs and multiple cat households, start control timed feeding. This means that the food bowls stay out for 30- 60 minutes then are taken up. You can monitor how much each individual pet is eating and it also avoids the other animals from cleaning each other’s bowls.
* When the family sits down to eat their meals, make this outside playtime for pets to
avoid begging at the dinner table
* Increase exercise like playing catch, laser tag, daily walks, and chasing a ball up and
There are many ways to help your pet lose weight so they can live a long and healthy life. Among the first steps you can take are to consult with a veterinarian about food changes or using a weight loss diet, take monthly trips to the veterinary clinic for routine weigh ins, and do wellness blood work to rule out diseases that may affect weight.